New Episode of the Entrepreneurially Thinking Podcast
January 31, 2019
New episode of Entrepreneurially Thinking podcast is live!
Joining us today is Markey Culver, Founder and Co-Director of The Women’s Bakery. Markey sees bread as nutrition and as a business model for sub-Saharan villagers. Her social enterprise operates by the simple yet powerful mantra of, “we can, therefore we must.”
The Women’s Bakery teaches women how to make and sell nutritious, affordable breads and manage profitable bakeries in their communities. Markey oversees operations, manages personnel, implements strategic partnerships in the US and abroad. She manages business development initiatives to advocate for the success of the women she works with and the bakeries they launch.
In this episode:
– How Markey came to create The Women’s Bakery
– More about her work in the Peace Corps and Rwanda
– Markey is creating access to opportunity for women around the globe..How? Why?
– Her fundamental business philosophy
– More about her five-step model. How it is scalable and adaptable?
– How Markey adjusts to fit the needs of the communities she serves
– How she helps women build financial independence for themselves
– The importance and inclusion of nutrition as a key focus of her work
– Opportunities for her business model for women in St. Louis
– Lessons for social entrepreneurs who are listening
Hashtags: #breadpower #togetherwerise