New Episode of the Entrepreneurially Thinking Podcast
December 7, 2018
New episode of Entrepreneurially Thinking podcast is live!
Joining us is Estrella (Estie) Cruz-Curoe, Manager and Owner of del Carmen Foods, LLC.
In her other life, Estie worked for a national insurance company in Chicago. She met her husband there and their lives took them to Kansas City where Estie and Mike started a family. As a stay-at-home mom, Estie found the kitchen and started cooking Cuban food for her family. All was well except for the black bean staple in Cuban food. Having tried to season them from the canned bean without success, Estie dared make them from the dry bean. After some trial and error, Estie mastered the process. After being encouraged by family and friends to do something with them, she started paying attention to the, discovering a niche and del Carmen Foods was born.
In this episode:
– How did Estie go from your kitchen to the shelves of grocery stores with the launch del Carmen Foods?
– Estie’s unique business advantage of her authentic Cuban-style beans.
– More about her tag-lines, “Peace, Love and Beans” and “AN ENLIGHTENED STATE OF BEAN”
– What her personal life has been like as an entrepreneur.
– The rapid growth of her businesses.
– What are/were some of Esie’s challenges?
– What are the goals and plans for del Carmen Foods?
Personal LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/estie-cruz-curoe-4a2a459/
Personal Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ecruzcuroe