New Episode of the Entrepreneurially Thinking Podcast
August 1, 2018
New episode of Entrepreneurially Thinking podcast is live!
Joining us today is Gibron Jones, founder of HOSCO Foods.
The acronym stands for Holistic Organic Sustainable Co-Operative.
HOSCO features hydroponics (growing plants in water), aeroponics (growing plants in the air) and aquaponics (hydroponic plants supplied with nutrients from fish waste) systems. He aims to provide co-operative members with complete farming skill sets that will enable them to work in a variety of food-related fields, with the eventual goal of owning their own co-operative business.
In this episode:
– Gibron has been named an “AgriTech genius”. He shares how he acquired these talents and knowledge.
– Gibron’s experience and skill in block chain technology, agronomy, and biotechnology.
– The plans to develop a sustainable infrastructure for the North St. Louis community.
– Where did his passion for this work start?
– Gibron shares about the influence and inspiration of Will Allen.
– What does Gibron hope to inspire?
– Will hip-hop be incorporated in his strategy?
– He is passionate about this work. In a previous article he was quoted saying, “We are in a dire situation as it relates to our food.” Learn about the urgency and the breadth of the story of the future our food.
– The tenets of Gibron’s company focus: FOOD PRODUCTION, JOB TRAINING and COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
– What kinds of partnerships are needed to sustain his vision? How did he establish the ones he has?
– What have some of the biggest challenges been?
– How does Gibron approach and manage risk?
– What is his advice for the people he is training to start and run their own businesses?
– Off the script question: Why does he still have a MySpace Page?